30.12.09

Yoga Class - 24HourFitness Part Deux

I don't know about you, but when I think of yoga, I imagine a lot of breathing and sitting on my ass. I thought it was odd they made a class of it at 24 Hour Fitness, and not, say, at the place that does my nails, but who am I to judge.

The yoga clases start at an attractive after-dinner 7:30pm, and I really felt like I needed vindication after the Monday Pilates disaster. We thoughtfully prepared an after dinner.. nightcap, if you will, for the hot tub, and set out to get knee deep into yoga.

I have never spent so much time giggling on the floor of a class. I thought pilates was bad. It didn't occur to me that someone would devise a class that centered around spending a solid half hour on one foot. Every time I looked in the mirror, I giggled. The time the instructor chick requested 10 push ups having just spent 10 minutes on my palms and a left foot in 'plank' I was in giggle seizures. Heather did a little better than me. She can do the "Hovering Hamster"* pose and flip me off simultaneously.

And, the "Dancing Sheba" pose? Seriously? If I was able to 'cradle my foot' and stretch it out at a 90' angle to my other leg, and hold it parallel to the floor for an indefinite amount of time, maintaining balance and a pleasant facial expression, there would have been a lot more poles, heels, and cash in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment