I hadn't even considered if the back of the dress is high enough for a normal strapless bra. I could get away without, but I like the bra cup shape and looking like I'm the sort of person who wear a bra.
Then it turned out it takes half hour to pin a cup into some lining. Who knew. After 8 failed trial and error episodes, where I pinned cups to lining, ran to the mirror, found out they sit 2" below my boobs, rinse repeat with varying (all unsuccessful) results, the idea bulb finally went off. I put on the front piece backwards, placed the bra cups on top of what is the lining in a way I thought was flattering (debatable), traced the outline with chalk, and then pinned the cups to lining before crossing my fingers and sewing them on. Temporarily placing a peach inside to keep the fabric curved the way I needed it. For some reason 'more flattering' included flipping the cups upside down from the package illustration.
I used the thin, foam cups. Next time JoAnn's is sending out their 50% off coupons, I'm buying out the whole shelf of them and sewing them into e v e r y t h i n g.
I'm a fan.
In an unrelated story, this fabric would make an awesome swimsuit. I hope to have enough remnants left over to fashion something like that. Or panties. How awesome is it to have a dress and MATCHING panties. Some ruffles and a quick flower headband out of the same remnants and I could totally dress myself like a 3 year old.