Kinda nicely. Especially on Nora, who still has a waist..
I tried to use the bias tape sleeve setting method I picked up on Gertie's sewing blog, but somehow failed and they still look 'gathered' at the caps. Could be because for lack of other wool materials, I used a stretchy old sock. It acted like an elastic would..
Channeling skinny thoughts to Strawberry:
I just noticed another bit of unfairness in the pattern illustration. The drawing's neck sticks out for a good 3" out of the collar. I have decided this is an anatomical impossibility, unless you are part swan. Or giraffe.
Their drawings really bug me.
The waist still hasn't been moved up, and the whole thing needs to be lengthened, but I'm thinking it's Bright Purple Cordiroy time!